Saturday 23 May 2009

The End

Well that went down like a lead balloon didn't it ?.

I thought it would, it's my own fault for waiting until we both had too much to drink.

I met him early on, but we were with friends so i couldn't say anything then. I tried to be a bit standoffish for most of the night and he could tell there was something wrong.
So we went outside for a chat.

I said that i liked him and i didn't want to fall out with him, but i wasn't ready for a relationship.
After the drama of the past few years i was settling down and wanted time to myself.

I have just realised that you might not know about my life before this blog in it's current format, so perhaps i should explain a little. This is a resurrected blog from quite a while ago that i eventually deleted and left dormant.
I originally started it when i came out. Or should i say was dragged out.

I won't go into all the details again, but i was well and truly in the closet and was outed by a so called friend. My family and many of my friends were -and in some cases still are - very anti gay.

It resulted in me falling out with my family and losing a lot of long time friends. I left home and ended up in this flat on my own and at one point had no job.
My dad took it the worst and still isn't really speaking to me properly and i haven't seen my best mate from ever school since.

Even now thinking about how it was just turns my stomach and i would have quite happily have jumped off the nearest bridge if i had been brave enough.

Anyway, i have new friends now, some of my family are talking to me, and the rest can sod off.
It's taken some time but I'm happier now, and i think that is down to the fact that i have less drama in my life.

Things are getting back to normal. I don't wake up in the morning with my stomach churning. and i don't jump when the phone rings in case it's someone else slagging me off for being a bender.

I don't want any more hassle, in fact if i am honest i don't think i can handle any more drama.
It would do me in for sure.
I want to have fun that's all. I don't want to settle down, i want someone who will make me laugh but won't expect anything from me.
I still don't even know how i feel about being gay myself. I mean, i am gay, but the thought of having a full on relationship with a man leaves me cold.

I don't mind having sex with them and i do fancy men. But are you gay if you just see men as sex objects?.
I'm rambling now, so back to the subject at hand.

Anyways, i told Brian all this and it seems he has heard it all before. In fact i might as well have said 'it's not you it's me' because he thought i sounded as contrived and obvious as anything he had heard from previous boyfriends

Sadly i moved onto plan B and started to tell him what was wrong with him (well he asked).
He was smothering me with constant text messages and phone calls, it was as if he thought that having my number meant he could speak to me anytime, anywhere. Like some sort of umbilical chored we were connected by it.
If he thought of something he wanted to say he would ring or text there and then, and god help me if i didn't reply immediately.
I had met him on the Friday and by the Saturday he was playing at husband and wife.

In the end we had a screaming showdown and i said it's over and i didn't want anything to do with him any more.
It made me laugh afterwards because amongst the most sad & pathetic sights i see in the village in Mancs tends to be two gay men having a lovers tiff in the street.
I have seen it many times and we always laugh at them when we do.
Tonight it was my turn LOL

We looked a right couple of pillocks

I know you shouldn't feel like this after breaking up with someone, but i actually feel happy today.
It's like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I might still have had 20 text messages saying sorry and 'can we talk', but as far as i am concerned it's over and i can move on.
And i didn't need a brick or a body bag.
Easy.

6 comments:

Ipmilat said...

Congratulations - you did it!

I'm really surprised to hear you had so much anti-gay shite to put up with from friends and family. I had naively assumed that people nowadays were more comfortable with it than they were when I came out in the early eighties, but I was living away from Huddersfield (my home town)so maybe I'd have had problems if I had not been.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, unfortunately, things are better but if you're born in a conservative family it's still very difficult. I know all about it really. I'm proud of you for just telling it like it is with him. Good job of facing your little confrontation issue. Yes, it's completely normal to treat other guys as sex objects. Especially when you are really "Out"there on your own for the first bit. It's as if you're a kid in a candy store and you need to sample a bit of everything before you're willing to settle on what you'd like to purchase. Do yourself a favour, let them know up front that this may not be much more than a friendly bit of fun and possible friendship for a start. You should find that all goes well and you make some decent friends and maybe even a few friends with benefits. I'm one of the bois that falls and wants to play house with a certain type. So I can tell you, if I know going in what's expected;I'm happy, you're happy, nuff said? Mind you you'll still have an occasional hanger on, but you've done nothing wrong that's their problem if it happens, so long as you've been honest from the get go. Also, just the regular friendly reminder to be a safetyboi. Nothing sucks worse than a phonecall telling you you've been given clymidia or warts or worse, or having to make the call.
Have a great rest of the weekend

Anonymous said...

Crap, didn't realize I'd that much to say, wordy bitch ain't I.

Michael said...

Correct Sasha, i have also been there before but like an idiot i never learn from my mistakes.
I have been on the receiving end but got the message almost immediatly. Serves me right i suppose..

Vilges, Huddersfield ! Not far away from me really.
It depends on where you live and the people you live with.
If you met some of my family you would know what i mean. ;-)
There is a strong BNP deligation in our street if you know what i mean.
Being gay is as acceptable as being black.

naturgesetz said...

It's taken me long enough because I'm a world class procrastinator, but I've finally gotten around to returning the favor and following your blog.

So i've read this post and the previous couple about Brian, and the main thing I want to say is I think you did the right thing by ending things with Brian. Too bad it had to go to plan B, but the fact that it did proves that it was what you needed to do.

Don't give him the slightest reason for thinking he might have another chance, or it will all start again.

Michael said...

Don't worry i wouldn't dare.
I haven't seen or heard of him since