Saturday 16 May 2009

The Life of Brian

I spent much of last night being chased around Manchester and Oldham by a guy that obviously likes me. I have seen him around for a while now, but it is only recently that we got talking.

I don't mind him, he's OK, but that's all, just OK.
Bells don't go off when he enters the room, i don't even get a stirring feeling in my pants. But he is fun to be with and i should probably give him a chance.

His name is Brain, which to be honest puts me off him for a start. No offence to anyone called Brian, but it doesn't exactly paint a picture of a sexy guy does it?.
Brian's are usually accountants not boyfriends.
His face lights up when we meet and when i talk to him he has a permanent grin on his face. If i talk about something serious he looks so engrossed that you would think i am telling him how to defuse a bomb, and he will laugh wildly when i say something even slightly amusing.

This is all great for my ego though so i love it.

Like most people I'm quite insecure inside, so this is all brilliant as far as i am concerned. We all like to be liked, so anyone who helps to make me feel better about myself is worth more than a passing hello.

But, being me, and being a Friday night, this resulted in me taking him back to my place and sleeping with him.
Now it's the morning after the night before and as much as i think i like him, I'm sort of regretting the speed with which i decided to jump head first into a relationship and have spent much of today trying to backtrack and slow things down.
I don't think it's a relationship really, i don't remember agreeing to anything anyway. In fact I'm not sure there was much conversation once he got back to my place, apart from the obligatory 'what you into then?', another thing that almost put me off him, i hate guys who ask that question.
To make me feel even worse, he is like the happiest person in the world today and has already sent me three text messages in the past 45 minutes, and he only left an hour ago.
When did i give him my mobile number?, why did i give him my mobile number?

Bloody hell, I've done it again haven't i ?.

2 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Oh dear. You really have made this guy's day. Be gentle.
G =]

Michael said...

I'm a coward, but i am gentle.