Sunday 7 June 2009

......and relax

Daniel said that the best cure for a hangover is to go sweat it out at the gym.
For your information it doesn't work. I feel faint and even more knackered than i did yesterday.

It was a great Friday night out but i think the rest of the weekend has just been a complete wash out. And thinking about it, much of Friday is a bit of a blur as well. I probably only remember the first hour or so and then it's like remembering a dream. I'm not sure where we went or what we did. I know we had a drink local in Oldham, then we got a lift into Mancs, we strolled up and down Canal Street and around there for a bit, but everywhere looks the same. It's all wine bars and heaving with straight people. Lots of women on hen nights out coming to look at the camp queens and in some cases trying their best to get off with them. I hate it when the screeching slappers in nurses uniforms wearing L plates turn up, GO AWAY, YOUR NOT GAY!, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU !.

We went to a club, and things are getting a bit blurred now i was just following the others. I rolled in at about 5 in the morning and that was that.
But even though i feel wrecked by it all i do feel like i have let off steam. It's weird, when you go out and have a really good blast, it feels like someone has drilled a hole at the side of my head and let out all the pressure built up through daily life.

I'm not saying everyone should turn to drink and i only do it now and then, but i think everyone should experience that once a month feeling of abandonment, of letting go and not giving a shit. To laugh at the most ridiculous things, to feel happy with your friends, to walk down a street full people feeling confident and content with your world. I don't get that normally, so that's what i look for on my nights out. It doesn't always happen, sometimes you come home felling that it was a waste of time, but Friday night was a good one.

I never slept with anyone, i didn't take any drugs, i just let my hair down and acted stupid for a few hours.

Shit! it's back to work again in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Polluted Canal Street. It's what happens when places get too famous I suppose.

I presume it's easier during the week and that there are still a few tattier places which are more genuine.

Still - it's good for a laugh and at least around that part of town if you want to hold hand, smooch or swallow tongues, nobody's going to pass out.