Wednesday 15 April 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Went for a drink tonight and met an old school friend.
In the few years since i last saw him he has lost most of his hair and got fat.
Now i know why he wasn't at the school Reunion.

I won't name him here in case he ever reads it, but in the few years since i saw him last he has changed beyond belief and he says that i have as well.

He seems more timid and less confident, i am supposed to be a bit more confident and less timid.
It's like we swapped personalities and i got the better deal.
We made arrangements to meet again but as he left i got the feeling it wasn't gonna happen, neither of us committed to a time or date which normally means, goodbye mate, have a happy life, see you when i see you.

We all change as we get older, even families. When i was a child the main phrase i heard my parents say to me was 'Get Down' when i reached my teens it was 'Get up' and when i told them i was gay it was 'Get Out'.
I changed as a person after the latter of the three.

2 comments:

@misterbigshot said...

Funnily enough, I changed a lot when I left Uni and moved to Manchester - then I felt different again in London, and now in California EVERYTHING's different!! Maybe a city can change you, as much as anything else in your life..?
You just have to stay positive and carry on, I guess - and stop picking up depressing books from library shelves!!

Michael said...

I actually live in Oldham, but when i am in Mancs on a night out i change completely.
That could be down to the alcohol though Tim.