Monday 27 April 2009

Late for work

My bloody car broke down this morning and made me late for work. I'm sure they thought i had just slept in.
I might as well have just rung in sick the amount of hassle i had all day about it.
But when i was off sick last time i didn't get paid so i decided against it.
There are three waiting days before i get any pay when i am ill, this is supposed to discourage people from ringing in sick for no reason, and in this instance it worked.
But there is no incentive to force yourself into the office where i work. If i come in feeling ill there is no sympathy. You are expected to do the same work at the same speed and no-one will so much as ask how you are doing or show some gratitude that you have dragged your backside out of bed, even though you might feel like you are dying.

One of the women who i work alongside in our office is in her late 50s, possibly early 60s, i don't know.

But she is a bit frumpy and wears the smelliest, flowery, floral perfume i have ever had the misfortune to breathe in.
She stinks. And I'm convinced that some days she doesn't have a shower in the morning, preferring to put another layer of perfume on instead.
Imagine having to put up with that when you feel ill or after a heavy weekend ?.

I may need the money but in future any slight opportunity to skip off for the day and I'm there.

No comments: