Thursday 16 July 2009

Having a threesome

5 Days ago i had a job i hated and little on the horizon as far as anything new.

Today i have two jobs and tonight i have a reply to an application form i sent off ages ago. Like buses, none for ages and then three come at once.

Working with the bosses wife seems to be going OK at the moment, she seems calm and sociable with me. She has still been a bit moody and done some shouting and slamming of doors, but that is all aimed at the boss (lol) who is obviously scared stiff of her. It's obvious to see who wears the trousers in that relationship.

Then i started working as a cleaner, or as Daniel calls me Mrs Mop.
I have been put together with two women. Julie is about 30ish, blond, slim, but common as muck and talks about men a lot. Irene is probably in her 50's, has had 5 kids, all grown up now, and is very funny but very dim.
We clean offices, vacuum the floor, flick a duster round, mop steps, etc etc.
Cleaning is cleaning is cleaning and offices are offices are offices.
As i spend most of my day behind a desk it doesn't make that much of a change to me, but I'm usually sat on my bum in front of a computer screen most of the time so this is actually quite energetic for me, another good excuse for not going to the gym.
I am a novelty because i am a man, most of the others are women, apart from Reg, who is a retired bloke that sometimes joins the team.
It's OK at the moment, I've only done it once, i reserve judgement till later when i get paid. I do feel a bit stiff today though ;-)

The other job on offer came from a company looking for an accounts assistant who can use Sage, Lotus and a kettle(!).
It was just a standard reply, but they said there will be a vacancy coming up at the company during the next few weeks and they are inviting people to attend a second interview. I don't remember doing the first one. In fact i sent out that many CV's and applied for so many jobs i can't remember who these people are.

I hope it's not that creepy bloke who offered be a drink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The couple of times (so far!) I've been through this job hunt thing I got really pissed off with having to re-write my CV (or whatever you want to call it) just to emphasise some different facet of my wide-ranging abilities and experience (he he!)

I know what you mean about responses which turn up weeks later and by then you've written them off and you have to start again finding out who the heck they are!

Pilgrim said...

You sound in this like"At 14 I knew everything, Alzheimers set in somewhat later". :-D Propz Pilgrim

Anonymous said...

let me help you with that stiffness

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that things are working out wonderfully.

I remember few weeks ago how you were upset with the prospects of having to move back with your parents.

With the extra jobs, you'll be able to set aside some savings, so you'll have a cushion in case things suddenly go bad again.