Tuesday 11 August 2009

On the street where i live

Hark at me, one minute i'm posting nothing but text. Next i'm uploading video.
Don't get too excited, i'm bored and have nothing to do tonight.
Anyways I thought i would write a little more about the area that i live in. It helps fill in a few gaps for anyone reading this blog on a regular basis.
Thankfully BBC News kindly helped me out by doing a piece on Oldham last night.
My parents where horrified by it. But most of my friends found it hilarious, especially the Council approved way of having a drink at the end.
If you look really carefully it's possible you may in fact see me in the background somewhere staggering about.


The place has changed a bit over the years. My Mum and Dad just want it to be like it was 30 years ago.
Please god no !.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I'll stay in tonight, after watching that.

I'll just have a few drinks, nut myself, crack the bottle over me own head while swearing so loudly the neighbours will call the police so's I can be arrested.

Sound like fun, with much the same result and cheaper than buying alc. at £2 a shot.

'Stoopid Slapped Puppies' said...

Thats freaking funny
'post office style queing system' whats that then, stand in line for hours while a load of pensioners moan on about the price of chips and hemeroid cream WTF that sounds like my 'gay local' Think I'd rather run the risk of a glassing somehow..LOL
Fantastic post, really madde me laff.
nick

Ipmilat said...

Well the council's idea looks pretty damn silly but there is nothing funny about pissed up arseholes fighting and throwing up in the streets. It makes us look like total cunts in every other European country.

Michael said...

I have never been able to understand why some people who drink suddenly turn angry and violent. Personaly i love the world, i feel happy and it makes me all stupid and childish.
I don't become antisocial, i don't look for trouble and i don't wanna upset anyone.
I hate to see people fighting on a night out just like anyone sober, and i don't wanna see someone throwing up in the street either. Unfortuantly though i, like most drinkers get tarred with the same brush.

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Blimey - is that a pic of 'Ena Sharples'?

As for what Vilges said about European perceptions - Brits are often referred to as 'the last untamed tribe in Europe' - tbh, when I see some of them when I am out and about in Spain, or Cyprus, and some other places, I can see what they mean and fell tempted to use my other passport!

But then, what other nation could have produced Ena Sharples, without any sense of irony?!

Floreat Britannia!

G =]

Verify: 'Funalout' - bizarre!

Ipmilat said...

Without any sense of irony???????????
WTF? One thing we do have here in spades is irony!

Anonymous said...

is that you there towards the end in the zebra-print frock? hahahahahahaha!!

~ cheers..