Monday 22 November 2010

No time for Christmas

I'm gonna be out of the country at Christmas this year sitting in the sun somewhere (more on that at a later date).
This means that for the first time in years i'm actually gonna miss Christmas. It also means i can cut out giving presents to lots of people and spending what little bit of dosh i have on myself.
I don't do cards either, it's a struggle to buy Birthday cards for me, so wasting money on bloody Christmas cards is a joke as far as i am concerned.
Then again, if i see a card that makes me laugh i'll buy it and try find someone worth sending it to. I'm not celebrating their birthday, im just taking the piss and having a laugh.
Yesterday i saw some bloody ridiculous Christmas cards, bought them, and then thought afterwards, who the hell can i send these too ? What a waste of money for the sake of a stupid joke that isn't really funny.
One the other hand.........
This one for Daniel
This one for Mum and Dad
This one for my Boss

3 comments:

drew said...

You can just scan and send then you have the cards for use every year. No postage. I have never missed Christmas due to a trip/vacation. I think you said you were going to Florida so you will probably have much better weather, if you want it to be warm for Christmas, which I don't.. We always want it to snow, but then again we don't get much snow here..

naturgesetz said...

"[F]or the first time in years i'm actually gonna miss Christmas."

Erm… as it happens, we have Christmas here in the States too.

Funny cards, though.

Ipmilat said...

I dream of a really Christmasy Christmas, a pagan Christmasand it's always a fucking let-down. I want to go to Lapland one of these Christmases and get the whole Victorian fantasy for real. I can't imagine Xmas in a hot climate.