Monday 26 June 2017

Not going out

One of the men at work is leaving at the end of the week and has asked me if I'd like to join a select few of others for a drink after he finishes.

I can't think of anything worse, I like the guy but he's just a work colleague. I don't really have anything in common with him. In fact I don't think I've ever spoken to him about anything else except work. I know he's got a daughter and he plays Golf. But I have no interest in either of those things so I'm stumped. 

We once had a conversation about me being gay in which he genuinely talked about as many gay stereotypes as he could to try ingratiate himself to me. Musical theatre, The gay village in Manchester, Madonna….he even started talking about personal grooming and how gay men look after themselves better than straight. Well I've met a few scruffy gay guys in my time so that's all crap for starters.

And the others that will be there are the same. I know the first hour will be a load of men talking about sport. Football usually. And naming players I've never heard of. Who's paid what for which transfer and what do I think of (insert name here)? Do you think he'll go to Newcastle or will (insert name here) snap him up?. If anyone mentions Cricket i think id be sick.

They may as well be talking another language as far as I am concerned. I have absolutely no interest in all that crap. I don't mind watching a football match but all the rest of it is irrelevant to me. A bit like Music. I like listening to it but I don't give a shit  how they tune up their instruments or which chair the Beatles sat on to write Let it be. I never read the music press. Its all opinions thats all.

Anyway, I've decided. I'm not going.

Nice hot day todat, which would normallt mean the possibility of seeing some good looking guy with his top off. But as ususal all i saw was some skanky bloke waving a scruffy T shirt, in baggy shorts and Builders Boots. He looked like a clown on his holidays.

 

No comments: