Monday 18 May 2009

Don't stop the music

I went with Daniel to see his Auntie Jean tonight, anything to get out of the house and away from Brian.

Auntie Jean is a normal person in most aspects, but after talking to her for a while the subject turned to music.

It doesn't interest her. She has never ever bought a CD or even a Record, doesn't listen to the radio and couldn't care less whether she hears it from one day to the next.
Even as a child when her friends had pictures of bands on the wall, she wasn't interested.

I find this totally weird. She may as well have been telling me that she never eats.
I spent most of the night quizzing her to see if it was just certain types of music, or perhaps she hadn't yet found something that she liked. But no, she just doesn't listen to any music and is quite happy with that.

My god, the woman's a freak!
I can't imagine it, it's such an alien thought i couldn't really register it in my brain. Imagine not liking, or caring about music?. Imagine not wanting to hear it even now and then?.

It was like telling a actor that 'Shakespeare is shit', or walking into a pub in the middle of Liverpool and shouting 'The Beatles were crap!'.
She was swimming against the tide with me on this one.

Even now i can't register the thought.
Someone not liking music, NO MUSIC, ANY MUSIC!

Someone call a doctor, quick!.

No comments: