Thursday 11 June 2009

Good Advice

Everyone i see tells me to look for a new job. Just like that, as if it's a simple straight forward thing.
I know they mean well, but it's easier said than done. I know i should look elsewhere, but if it was that simple I'm sure most people would just move from one job to another whenever they got bored.
There was probably a time when i would have done that. But i lived at home back then and had a cushion to fall back on, my parents.

What is probably making things worse this time is the fact that a couple of years ago before i had this flat, i was sort of homeless for a bit, staying with friends and some family.
When i came out there was lots of shit flying around and i half left home, half had to leave home.
Getting my own little place eventually saved me, it's my little space and where i have managed to come to terms with my sexuality and by being myself.
This all might sound a bit deep, but it means i don't have to rely on anyone else, so i don't have to deal with their attitudes or beliefs. You probably wouldn't have recognised the old me, now i'm happier, more confident and more open then ever before. As weird as it seems, losing my job will effect how i feel about myself again. I can't explain it but i would feel like i was going backwards.
The time when things were going tits up really knocked my confidence, i was fearless when it came to jobs and money. I felt that i would just get another job if i lost the one i had and if i had no money then, so what ?.
Now i realise how much money and a job have given me. And both mean much more now.
It's all good advice, and i am grateful to all those who offered it, but advice is easier to dish than do, and in the end they are just words. I have to act on that.

Just go get a new job Michael, Simples !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only it were that simple. I can really relate to everything you said. If it were that simple we all would switch up often. Personal freedom is not something worth the sacrifice you would have to make. I have faith that you will sort it out in the end. You've got the answer coming, just not immediately in front of you at this point. Patience

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

As you point out, advice is easy to give, and costs almost nothing.
Understood about all the independence and self-esteem issues, as well as jobs getting thinner on the ground. And switching too often is no good for your CV either.
As my son says about almost everything, it's all a question of balance. Like a tightrope walker, you'll find your own!
G =]

'Stoopid Slapped Puppies' said...

I really wish you well and hope everything works out for you.
I think you know in a way we have similar paths, I too was homeless for a while and now live alone (which I love) but you are right when you think everythings sorted it's hard to make an adjustment to that cos of the fear of what knock on effects might be. So as I said, no advice to give you, but you do have my best wishes.
Nick XX