Friday 12 June 2009

Plan B ruled out.

Been round to Mums tonight to let her know about my job. She was very good and did suggest that i could come home if things got bad, but she also hinted that Dad might not be impressed if i did.

As far as he is concerned i have made my bed and i should lie in it. I don't think he would turn me away but it would be intolerable. I would hate it. For my own sanity it's not an option. He is not a bigot, he just comes from a different world. I know that me being gay has caused him problems. It has made him rethink everything he has always been taught by his own mum and dad. He struggles with me at arms length, so bringing it into the house would be too much. It's easy to judge people but i do know him and i know that this is just as difficult for him as it is for me.
I have gay friends who think i'm mad to defend him this way but i see two sides of the argument, and he's my dad. Some of my mates are just as intolerant of people who can't understand what being gay is all about as homophobes are to gay people, but when it's someone you love you feel like your stuck in the middle sometimes and any little light that you can see from them that they do care about you, even though they might not be able to accept you is something worth clinging onto.

Anyways forget all that, I need to start looking for another job, and fast.
The problem is, i need to find one that pays at least the same as i have now. Otherwise i'm stuffed.

Might be short stints at blogging the next few days. I can't look for a job during the day so i need to be looking at night

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Plan B could still be viable...I like that you defend your dad and that you can see both sides of the argument...Enough of this us against them.

Anonymous said...

It's a really cool thing to be able to understand and relate to your parents. So many people find that difficult if not impossible. Good for you for understanding where your Dad is coming from, and the internal struggle he's dealing with as well. Good wishes for the job search, fingers crossed you'll get a better one.
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Don't go back home. It never works and you could be jeopardising your relationship with your Father - which would make your Mum unhappy too.

(I had issues with my Dad too!)

So all out on the job search. It's absolutely vital!

Michael said...

I think that i will try all other avenues first.
Remember i still have a job at the moment.
thanks again for all your support by the way.
Much appreciated Fellas

Anonymous said...

Seems like your Dad and mine are from the same ilk! My Dad has always made it quite clear the queers are wrong and vile things. This stems back from when he was a commando, it would be a good night out for them if they managed to duff up at least one poofter! Was and still is hard for him to accept that my eldest Brother is gay. He refers to my Brothers partner as his "friend" so I have chosen never to tell him that I am gay.

Good luck with the job hunting mate, I trying to find a new one myself as I can't stand where I work.

Things will come right in the end.

Anonymous said...

Make sure your CV is good.
You should put "positive spin" on it.
Make sure u know something about the firm you are applying to and also something about their product - do research on the web.
Don't dribble when you go for interviews.
And don't wear your bondage gear either.

U want more please ask. me do grad interviews time to time, know what results in pass and what in reject.

Luv
Tiggers

naturgesetz said...

Moving back is the last resort. Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that. So good luck with the job search, so if you're let go you can land on your feet.

Sorry I don't have any tips. I got a job with the government and retired from there after 30 years, so I was never really in the market.