Sunday 23 August 2009

Getting better

I'm feeling slightly better, even thought i still feel knackered. I don't know what has been wrong with me, i seem to have suddenly slept for Britain after climbing in to bed the other morning and blacking out for a full 14 hours and yet i could still lie down and go back to sleep again.
It's been like a lost weekend. I asked Daniel to go to the supermarket for me on Saturday morning. He went but i could tell he wasn't really keen on the idea. He still lives at home with his mum so i don't think he has ever been shopping for food in his life.

I kept the list short thinking i could get the rest myself when i feel up to it, but even then he had no idea and brought back completely different things to those i asked for.
I'm sure he walked in and grabbed anything he could. His excuse was that he couldn't find things.

Anyways i have Milk and cereal so that's breakfast lunch and dinner sorted.
Too much sleep can give me a headache so that's what i have now. I need to get some fresh air and go for a walk but it's 11pm and you don't go for a strole around these streets at this time of night. Well not unless you want to get mugged or arrested.
I stried standing on the landing outside my flat but the neighbour from hell was sat there having a fag so i came back in. He's still limping from his accident so that cheered me up a bit.

I'll decide in the morning whether i will be going into work or taking the day off. To be honest i need to get out of the flat so i might go in just for the sake of it.
On the other hand it's a shit office to drag your sorry ass into. I know there will be no sympathy or light duties. I'll be expected to work at the same speed and same level as normal. And no one will send me home if i get worse, so I'm thinking i might give it a miss already. They hardly encourage people to come to work when ill.
The worst part of all this is that it's completely ruined my weekend and that depresses me more than feeling ill.

But try to think positive shall we. I haven't spent anything so twice as much for next week. And next weekend is a Bank Holiday weekend. ;-)))

3 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Hurrah for bank holidays.

Deffo don't go to work if you don't feel up to doing the kind of work they'll expect. Deffo get out for a walk. Maybe go to the supermarket and get the things that Daniel didn't get for you. Eat some good food. Drink a little bit of good wine or beer and some tea. Try to catch a glimpse of your neighbo(u)r limping.

Get well.

Anonymous said...

Good to know you're feeling a bit better. Take good care of yourself, take it slowly. Wish I was there to do your shopping.Good luck, Peter-D.

Pilgrim said...

That´s fine! Propz Pilgrim