Monday 3 August 2009

Smoke gets in your eyes

I managed to speak to Daniel this Lunch time and although he is busy tonight he has promised to come round tomorrow night.

On my way home from work i called in to my mums. One of my uncles had been visiting. He is a big smoker and had been there fore a couple of hours. Instead of making him go outside for a fag, he was allowed to smoke in the front room and it stunk to high hell.
Then she had used some 'Oust' air freshener to clear away the stink and had made it smell even worse. I stayed about 10 minutes and had to go. It was making me feel sick.
I'm not a smoker, but since the smoking ban came in, whenever i do smell smoke it seems to be stronger than ever before.

I Have been invited to a 40th birthday party at work. One of the women in the office has arranged a 70’s themed disco and we have all been asked if we would like to come along.
I can’t think of anything worse than going on a night out with the people I work with. I get on ok with some but that's all. These people aren’t my friends, they are just people I work with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the smell of cigarette smoke. And that was before Pete and I gave up nearly a year ago, now.

'Stoopid Slapped Puppies' said...

hahaha
work do
harsh
just harsh
hehehehehe
aww sorry
but way harsh
good luck
Nick

Pilgrim said...

I smoke only occasionally at parties or when we have visitors, so you could come over. :-) Propz Pilgrim

Michael said...

I don't mind having a fag in my mouth.
It's cigarettes that don't do it for me ;-)

naturgesetz said...

Those were the good old days — when cigarette smoke was all around and nobody minded it because we were all used to it.

Partying with people who aren't your friends doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. So, unless it will help your career … …

BTW, the weekend in Halifax sounds, erm, tolerable. The only Halifax I was familiar with is the one in Nova Scotia (never actually been there either but there are connections with Boston, Mass.). So I had to consult my WWII era atlas for Halifax and Oldham. Pretty good sized cities in the 1940 census.

torchy! said...

lmao at your comment, mambam :P

torchy!